Monday, August 20, 2012

Insightful

I really wish I could say something insightful or in some way meaningful. There are so many thoughts and ideas floating around in my mind, in my spirit. I feel that if I don't write something it may all come exploding out in some fit of rage or sadness.

I wish we had rages of happiness.

I need some sort of outlet. I wish I were still in college. If I were I would simply walk out into the night, find some quiet place to lie down and watch the stars until I felt as though the world made sense again. There is too much noise. Too much bullshit floating around. I just can't deal with it right now. I want to push it all under the rug and live without overwhelming responsibility. I'm sure many people feel the same way that I do right now, that life is just too big. How in the world did we end up like this, in a tangled mess of fears and regret, of what-ifs and why-nots? Where did simplicity go? Was it ever there in the first place? I tend to believe that simplicity is still here. You know those maze puzzles on kids' menus at restaurants, the ones where there are just a bunch of jumbled up lines but only one leads to the goal? I think that is how life is, only it's much more difficult to find and stay on the one simple line. It's ever harder to think of what is at the end of the line at the goal. I want to live simply. I want to wade through all the garbage that is around me all the time and set up camp on a small island and live for the things that make me and the ones I love happy. I suppose it's too easy to be pulling back into the putrid waters, though.

They say that life is a journey and not a destination. I believe that. They say that one must learn to dance in the rain because the storm may never pass. I can do that. But, every once in a while it would be nice to see a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment